Rye Castle Museum is a charity and an accredited museum that receives no government or council financial support. It relies on income from visitor receipts, subscriptions, fundraising by members of the Rye Museum Association and from any successful grant applications.
We invite you to join us at the Rye Museum Association, an entirely voluntary organisation. We need your support and there are benefits and opportunities for you.
Membership gives you unlimited free admission to the RCM Ypres Tower and RCM East Street Museums on production of your membership card. These are some of the other benefits:
- You pay less when you come to Museum talks
- You receive the Rye Museum and Local History Group Journal with articles about the fascinating history of Rye: the factors and events that have shaped it; its role in the defence of England through the ages; the occupations, pursuits, customs– and idiosyncrasies– of its people, the stories of its streets and buildings, –to mention just a few examples.
- You are kept up-to-date on the Association’s events, activities and projects with a monthly email newsletter
- You have opportunities to help in the continuation and development of the Museum and Rye’s Local History
- You have opportunities to meet many like-minded people with an interest in Rye’s amazing history.
Annual Membership Charges
- Single £12
- Two people at the same address £20
- Family (x2 Adults x2 Children) £20
Lifetime Membership Charges
- Single £120
- Two people at the same address £200
- Family (x2 Adults x2 Children) £200
Ways you can be involved
- Stewarding – Welcoming visitors at RCM East Street and talking to them about Rye and our exhibits. Our visitors come from far and wide and like talking to local people. Have a look at the Visitors’ Book and you will see how much stewards are appreciated.
- Helping with the Museum collection – Cleaning and simple conservation under the direction of our curator.
- Research – Increasing our knowledge of the items we hold, and of other aspects of Rye history.
- Education – Helping with school visits to the RCM East Street, improving the collections of artefacts which go out to schools, visiting schools, devising new activities for young visitors to the museums two sites.
- Fundraising and Social Events – Helping at events such as talks, children’s activity afternoons and other special occasions where we need people to help.
Small independent museums rely on legacies from their supporters. The amount may be as much or as little as you decide. When you are drafting or revising your Will, please think about leaving a charitable legacy to the Museum. It can, if you wish, be made towards some specific project or aspect of the Museum’s work, or for additions to the Collection. Whatever you decide you can be sure it will be very much appreciated and your name will be attached to the outcome of the project, work, or objects purchased.
Should you wish to discuss aspects of legacies with the Curator or one of the Directors do please contact us for an appointment.. All such matters will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Start your Amazon shopping with the search below and the Museum gets a small percentage of any purchase at no additional cost to you.
Rye Museum Association is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.
Please help support Rye Castle Museum by shopping online.
Use easyfundraising to shop with over 3,500 retailers including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com, eBay, Boden, and M&S.
Every time you shop, you’ll raise a free donation for Rye Castle Museum every time, it’s that easy!